Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager – Amsterdam Area
Are you looking for an ambitious career opportunity within Supply Chain and Procurement? Do you like to work for an international company where you can work on your own projects together with your team? Do you get energy from making sure that the important new Distribution Centers are perfectly developed every year?
For one of our clients, AevesBenefit is looking for a:
Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager (Amsterdam Area)
The Dutch company has grown to one of the biggest retailers worldwide. They are still growing with an average rate of 30% per year. It is their goal to double their turnover off 5 milliard euro’s in the next few years. The company has more than 50.000 employees and they operate in seven different countries. They would like to expand from seven to fourteen countries to grow even more. Although the size of the company is quite large, the culture is easy going. You will find a hands-on mentality and the people are very down to earth.
With the current expansion plans, and ongoing business, they need to conduct several large tenders per year, for all of the outsourced operations. This complex process needs to be managed by the Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager. The Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager is part of the Supply Chain function and member of the virtual procurement team. Eventually you have to professionalize your role, bring it to the next level. You are responsible for the selection of the best possible 3PL (third party logistics) provider against realistic / slightly ambitious terms. The main focus lies in coordinating all activities on contracting 3PL providers outsourced operations in relation to the expansion of new DCs, but also improving contract principles / targets with learnings, experiences & insights for new contract as well as during renegotiations of existing contracts. They are developing approx. 2 new DC’s annually and the total managed spend is about € 100 million.
This position will head up a sourcing team consisting of controllers, legal counsels and procurement officers. Although they hierarchically report to their respective managers, they will have a functional reporting line to the Supply Chain Operations Sourcing Manager and will work together intensively as a team during all sourcing/ tender processes.
Your most important responsibilities are stakeholder management and contract negotiations.
- Proactively aligns on updates from internal stakeholders linked to the all Sourcing Partners (at Group and Local level) and monitors the execution of the required expansion activities. Includes ensuring internal stakeholders are kept adequately up to date on status of outstanding issues, but also ensuring that they are all aligned on what’s expected from them in relation to the expansion activities.
- Maintains quality ongoing relationships with the key external stakeholders, which include Logistic Service Providers, Transport Service Providers, Hub Service Providers, Maintenance Providers and other relevant suppliers.
- Escalation point for operations in case contracts are not met/understood/respected, but also ensuring further insights & learning experiences are incorporated in “new” contracts with SP.
- Responsible to follow and refine the 10 step category management process for 3PL providers
- Responsible for timely selection of the best possible SP against realistic but slightly ambitious terms, in accordance with Actions operations sourcing strategy, in time to secure operation start-up / continuity, with buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
- Deciding on conducting a tender vs grant the contract to a current preferred partner (or something in between, like a limited tender amongst current partners).
For this role it is important that you take the lead where necessary, give clear working instructions, give direct and constructive feedback, plans employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully achieved. You are a strong negotiator, a analytically proficient, and you have excellent project management skills to bring large and multi-factor processes/ project to good results. You stimulate employees to join in on the thought process and to actively contribute to the development of new ideas and to learn from his/her own experiences and those of others.
Furthermore, you must have:
- A relevant Bachelor or Master degree;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a fast growing, international supply chain environment (managed relevant operational sites)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in sourcing, contracting and managing 3PL providers preferably obtained in a sales position in on the big international 3PL providers;
- Good general computer knowledge, experience with applications such as SAP considered as an advantage to create (KPI) reports;
- Standard basic IT software knowledge.
Are you interested or do you have any questions? Please contact Susanne Laanen at +31 6 30127018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you the person we are looking for for this position? Then apply directly via the “Solliciteren” button below!