Senior Category Manager Professional Services (W&S) – PVH
Are you a procurement professional who has management skills, very strong communication and interpersonal skills? Would you like to work for a worldwide known and admired fashion company that partners up with leading organizations to help drive fashion forward? Do you want to work in an environment that prioritizes sustainability, philanthropy, inclusion & diversity? We are looking for you!
For one of our clients, AevesBenefit is looking for a:
Senior Category Manager Professional Services (fulltime)
You will work for a company that powers brands that drive fashion and has various priorities. These priorities are their roadmap to achieve their vision and drive their purpose for the company. They drive consumer engagement through innovative designs and personalized brand and shopping experiences that captures the heart of the consumer. In addition, they expand their worldwide reach through organic growth and acquisitions. The company also prioritizes in investing and evolving in how they operate by leveraging technology and data to be dynamic, nimble and forward-thinking. A priority is also developing a talented and skilled workforce that embodies their core values and an entrepreneurial spirit while empowering their associates to design their future. They live their values and put them into action. Finally, they deliver sustainable, profitable growth and create long-term stockholder value.
The Procurement department of our client focuses on all indirect (non-merchandise) purchases and functions as an internal consultant for the rest of the organization. The team drives strategic sourcing processes that allows the business to ensure sustainable sourcing in a standardized environment with a compliant, managed supply chain. One of the department’s objectives is to provide detailed information on the operational spend and identifies where savings can be made. The team researches the market for new vendors that can deliver valuable services/goods to the company and executes tenders to ensure the best product for the best price delivered at the best time. By using extensive processes of contract management and vendor management, they ensure that the vendor base keeps optimally performing for the organization. The Procurement department has strong collaboration with every aspect of the business and advises on new possibilities. Additionally, there is a strong focus on enabling our vendors to help implement the company’s sustainability targets.
The department is also structured according to the principle of category management. This position is for a Senior Category Manager in the Category Professional Services to cover all Professional Services Procurement across the business. This category is established but growing and there are ongoing important projects. This is an exciting time to join their dynamic team and a great opportunity to continue to build the category which covers the whole business and really make a difference. The role will report into the Procurement Director. The Professional Services area includes HR spend, Travel, Payroll, External Workforce management, Consultancy Firms, Training services etc.
The Senior Category Manager is expected to maintain a wide variety of relationships with all category relevant internal stakeholders, next to all external vendor relationships. You need to have an entrepreneurial mindset, develop independently and promote proper procurement processes across the business. Within the department, you will also align with managers and buyers for other categories (e.g. Omni channel, Marketing, Technology, Supply Chain etc.) share knowledge and mentor the Buyers and Coordinators in the team, involving them in projects and sharing best practices. Additional cross-functional projects with departments such as Finance, Legal, CR, Retail, Ecommerce and Marketing will occur. Overall, you need to have excellent communication, diplomacy, negotiation and organizational skills.
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Maintain and build on the Category, meet and influence stakeholders in the Procurement way of working.
- Map the contracts, spend and vendor base in order to create a procurement strategy for this area.
- Work cross functionally with several departments and independently develop and maintain relationships with the internal stakeholders.
- Setup, lead and execute RFx projects for the Professional Services category.
- Deliver a complete contract mapping for this hub.
- Mentor and guide the team to improve expertise in the field of procurement.
- Perform market analysis in search of new vendors and innovative solutions.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with all suppliers on quality, delivery and price levels.
- Engage in various sustainability related project representing the procurement angle.
- Prepare business cases (with cost-benefit analysis and ROI analysis).
- Execute vendor performance ratings.
- Analyse measures of sustainability implementation.
To be successful in this role, excellent stakeholder management skills are key. The pace within the company is high and projects and priorities move quickly. The Procurement team operates as a business partner and needs to anticipate on business requirements. The ideal candidate therefore has very strong communication & interpersonal skills, can be persuasive when needed and thrives in a hectic and everchanging environment. Besides these personal skills, the company is looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of economics, econometrics, business, finance or supply chain management. Procurement, purchasing and supply chain qualifications (CIPS/NEVI) are preferred.
- Relevant Procurement experience.
- For this team, experience in the Professional Services area is a must.
- Team player, open-minded and international mindset, able to adopt the company culture and to build relationships with colleagues & suppliers spread over Europe.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in a multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and contract negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills especially planning, budget and time management.
- High standards of sustainability and passionate about Supply Chain innovation.
The company offers a beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with their very own People’s Place Gym and People’s Place Cafes. The company culture fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through their very own University. Besides that, they are an international environment which respects diversity, equality and individuality. They have a smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule. Last but not least, you get a chance to unwind with the weekly social activities.
Are you interested and do you think you are the one we are looking for? Or do you have any questions? Please contact Boudewijn Meijs at +31 6 528 505 40 or firstname.lastname@example.org.