Jr. Category Buyer – Rotterdam
Would you like to work in a well-known, international company with the opportunity to develop yourself within procurement? You will be responsible for one of their categories and it is your task to make sure everything works out as planned!
AevesBenefit is looking for a:
Jr. Category Buyer
The company is an international food and drink group focusing on the manufacturing, importing and distribution of branded and customer own-branded products, like supermarkets, wholesale suppliers and other food manufacturers. They have over 20 different categories including fish, meat, fruit, pasta, cooking sauces and a broad range of soft drinks. Their European headquarter is located in Rotterdam, where you will be working with approx. 85 colleagues with 14 different cultures. In this role you will work closely with the Commercial Manager Dairy (Europe) and you will report to the European Buying Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for remaining and building strong relationships with key suppliers in cooperation with the Group counterparts. You will proactively seek and investigate new business opportunities and draw up and monitor the sourcing framework. In addition, you will keep up with the market information and collect and deliver data for reporting purposes and share them with the team.
- You will be responsible for buying and administering the required goods within the “Italian products” category;
- Based on forecasts and offers made for customer own brand and foodservice customers you will make sure everything is going as planned;
- You will closely work with the Groups factories and preferred suppliers. You will also work closely with your internal stakeholders, like Sales, Finance and Supply Chain;
- You will facilitate the purchasing and growth strategies as defined for the category;
- You will participate in stock, claims and meetings;
- Evaluate samples and products and visit trade fairs.
You are a strong relationship builder and have excellent interpersonal skills. You are cultural sensitive and like to work with different nationalities and cultures. You have a strong analytical mindset and cross-awareness. Result-driven, flexible and assertive.
- A relevant Bachelor or Master degree;
- About 3 years of international work experience within a buying position or a similar role;
- Willing to travel abroad a couple times a year;
- Fluent in English and Italian.
- Great salary and benefits;
- An international work environment with an open and informal culture;
- An unique opportunity to gain a lot of experience within an European role.
Are you interested of do you have any questions? Please contact Annabelle van der Vossen at +31 6 46 31 76 55 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Annabelle van der Vossen at +31 6 46 31 76 55 or email@example.com.