Category buyer – Heerenveen
Would you like to contribute to the development of a recently centralized procurement department? Are you looking for a team that consist of a group of driven and ambitious professionals? Do you enjoy working on initiatives to improve business alignment and supplier engagement, increasing supply chain performance and ensuring optimal availability in an international and dynamic environment?
For Accell Group (Batavus, Sparta, Lapierre among others) AevesBenefit is looking for a:
Accell has grown rapidly both organically and by mergers and acquisitions. Accell’s business is segmented in Bicycles (OEM) and Parts & Accessories (P&A), each with its own dynamics. The group strategy focus is on the high end and premium bicycle market. Accell differentiates itself from the competition through innovations that often require tailored components. Coordination and working together with suppliers in the development process and supply chain is critical. Accell Group has built a centre-led supply chain organization. The aim is to significantly improve profitability and lower working capital to support the Company’s strategic goals. Please watch this video for a nice insight in the vision, ambitions and strategy of the procurement department.
Since 2016, Jorden van de Riet (Global Procurement Director) had a clear vision to really innovate the procurement processes and develop a strong department within the Accell Group.Together with AevesBenefit he built his team and structured the Procurement department. The last couple of years they have proven themselves within the organization and they have consistently over-delivered on the challenging goals set by Accell. The team has been growing and evolving and currently consists of 10 highly motivated procurement professionals . One Group Category Manager (responsible for the more “standard” categories), with four category managers reporting to him. And one Supply Chain Director Asia with two direct reports, focussing mostly on the “non-standard” categories, mostly sourced in Asia. Indirect spend is getting more and more focus and is managed by a dedicated Category Manager. The team is supported by a procurement analyst helping them with data and reports. To strengthen their department they are looking for a Category buyer.
- Developing, implementing and executing of category strategies and sourcing initiatives for the “non-standard” category within Accell;
- Ensure Delivery Reliability, Quality, and Cost development of goods;
- Analysing future demand trends;
- Identify procurement savings and supply chain improvement;
- Leading strategic sourcing initiatives for the category including: developing go-to market strategies, supplier selection, conduct supplier negotiations and ensure compliance with sourcing processes;
- Analyse spend and supplier data;
- Manage and develop assigned supplier base, relationships and contracts;
- Monitor, manage and improve supplier performance and relationships;
- Improve processes and deploy best practices with supply planners;
- Maintain supply contracts with suppliers, maintain agreements and vendor master data together with Procurement Support.
Accell is looking for a candidate with excellent stakeholder management skills. You are a strong communicator on different levels and you know how to convince and persuade your stakeholders. Someone who is proactive and has a strong personality, presence and authenticity. You are familiar with different cultures (specifically Asia), enjoy working international and have a strong passion / affinity with bikes. Expertise with technical/mechanical products is preferred.
- Graduate degree in Business an Administration, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering, or a related field;
- 2-5 years work experience in purchasing;
- Effective in working and building relationships with colleagues and suppliers;
- A strong negotiator;
- Experience in working in international teams and prepared to travel to both Europe and Asia;
- No-nonsense attitude and effective hands-on problem solving skills;
- Affinity with technical working environment;
- Required language: English business level fluent. Preferred German, French or Dutch. Chinese (Mandarin) would be a bonus.
- ‘Work hard, play hard’ attitude.
Your salary will be based on the weighting of your job, experience and training. You will also have the opportunity to grow and develop yourself. The company will invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline.
Are you interested of do you have any questions? Please contact Annabelle van der Vossen at +31 6 46 31 76 55 or email@example.com.
Please apply here!