Buyer Marketing & Technology (W&S) – PVH
Are you a procurement professional who has management skills, very strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset? Would you like to work for a worldwide known and admired fashion company that partners up with leading organizations to help drive fashion forward? Do you want to work in an environment that prioritizes sustainability, philanthropy, inclusion & diversity? We are looking for you!
For one of our clients, AevesBenefit is looking for:
Buyer Marketing & Technology (fulltime)
You will work for a company that powers brands that drive fashion and has various priorities. These priorities are their roadmap to achieve their vision and drive their purpose for the company. They drive consumer engagement through innovative designs and personalized brand and shopping experiences that captures the heart of the consumer. In addition, they expand their worldwide reach through organic growth and acquisitions. The company also prioritizes in investing and evolving in how they operate by leveraging technology and data to be dynamic, nimble and forward-thinking. A priority is also developing a talented and skilled workforce that embodies their core values and an entrepreneurial spirit while empowering their associates to design their future. They live their values and put them into action. Finally, they deliver sustainable, profitable growth and create long-term stockholder value.
The Procurement department of our client focuses on all indirect (non-merchandise) purchases and functions as an internal consultant for the rest of the organization. The team drives strategic sourcing processes that allows the business to ensure sustainable sourcing in a standardized environment with a compliant, managed supply chain. One of the department’s objectives is to provide detailed information on the operational spend and identifies where savings can be made. The team researches the market for new vendors that can deliver valuable services/goods to the company and executes tenders to ensure the best product for the best price delivered at the best time. By using extensive processes of contract management and vendor management, they ensure that the vendor base keeps optimally performing for the organization. The Procurement department has strong collaboration with every aspect of the business and advises on new possibilities. Additionally, there is a strong focus on enabling our vendors to help implement the company’s sustainability targets.
The Procurement department at Europe is structured according to the principle of category management. This position is for a Buyer which covers sourcing for the Technology and Marketing departments. The Technology area includes traditional ICT procurement, such as purchasing hardware, software and infrastructure, but also includes strategic digital business transformation projects. The Marketing area includes traditional marketing services such as advertising, media, creative agencies, but also includes a wide variety of digital initiatives. The overlap between sourcing for the Technology and Marketing departments will thus be one focused on digital.
You are expected to maintain a wide variety of relationships with all category relevant internal stakeholders, next to all external vendor relationships. You need to have an entrepreneurial mindset and you are expected to independently develop and to promote proper procurement processes across the business. Within the Central Procurement department, you will also align with buyers responsible for other categories (e.g. Omnichannel, Supply Chain, Professional Services etc.) share knowledge and mentor the Procurement Coordinators in the team, involving them in projects and sharing best practices. Additional cross-functional projects with departments such as Finance, Legal, Sustainability, Facilities and Retail will occur. Overall, you need excellent communication, diplomacy, negotiation and organizational skills.
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Working cross functionally with multiple departments and independently develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders
- Setup, lead and execute RFx projects for the Technology category.
- Become subject matter expert in the assigned fields of everything Marketing, Digital and Tech.
- Mentor and guide procurement coordinators to experts in the field of procurement.
- Perform market analysis in search of new vendors and innovative solutions.
- Support the category Procurement Manager with financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with all suppliers on quality, delivery and price levels.
- Engage in various sustainability related project representing the procurement angle.
- Prepare business cases (with cost-benefit analysis and ROI analysis).
- Execute vendor performance ratings.
- Analyse measures of sustainability implementation.
To be successful in this role, excellent stakeholder management skills are key. The pace within the company is high and projects and priorities move quickly. The Procurement team operates as a business partner and needs to anticipate business requirements. The ideal candidate therefore has very strong communication & interpersonal skills, can be persuasive when needed and thrives in a hectic and everchanging environment. Besides these personal skills, the company is looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of economics, econometrics, business, finance or supply chain management. Procurement, purchasing and supply chain qualifications (CIPS/NEVI) are preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant Procurement experience of which 2 as a Buyer.
- For this team, experience as an indirect buyer in the Marketing, digital/IT space is a must.
- Experience with procurement processes, systems and strategies and working knowledge of contract management and value engineering principles.
- Team player, open-minded and international mindset, able to adopt the company culture and to build relationships with colleagues & suppliers spread over Europe.
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English and ability to work in a multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and contract negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization especially planning, budget and time management.
- High standards of sustainability.
- Passionate about (digital) innovation.
The company offers a culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through their very own University. There is an international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality. You get a monthly Covid home- office budget and a smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule. Last but not least, a beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with their very own People’s Place Gym and Cafes, awaiting you upon our return to the office.
Are you interested and do you think you are the one we are looking for? Or do you have any questions? Please contact Boudewijn Meijs at +31 6 528 505 40 or email@example.com.
Are you the person we are looking for for this position? Then apply directly via the “Solliciteren” button below!